Naim CD555 CD Transport - Focus is everything
The CD555 is Naim's reference CD player, the finest they have ever made. It’s a statement of engineering excellence, a showcase for Naim core beliefs. Of course, it’s a fast, detailed and dynamic-sounding performer: anything less would be fundamentally at odds with who we are and what we do. But more than any one particular aspect of its presentation, the CD555’s genius is the way it brings each disparate strand of your music together into one fluid, natural and involving performance. This, we believe, is how hi-fi should sound.
Naim CD555 Features
- Massive aluminium chassis to minimise resonance and vibration
- Critical electronics suspended on a brass sub chassis via coil springs
- Low-resonance CD clamping system using rare-earth magnetic puck
- Non-reflective coatings used around the CD mechanism to reduce interference and noise
- Shielded enclosure to isolate DACs, plus separate low-jitter clock circuit with its own power supply
- Separate high-performance power supply (555 PS) to isolate sensitive electronics from electromagnetic interference
- Hand-built from carefully selected components
Technology & Craft
Zero-compromise quality demands single-minded engineering. The CD555 ignores those disc formats you don’t need. It avoids features that don’t contribute to its performance. It represents not a radical step into the unknown, but the ultimate expression of everything we’ve learned. So it uses a top-loading transport mechanism and a heavyweight brass sub-chassis which suspends critical electronics away from microphonic interference. A carefully designed, low-resonance CD clamp avoids the vibration-induced errors that afflict conventional CD mechanisms while its digital-to-analogue converter circuitry is shielded by a dedicated enclosure, ensuring superior isolation from electric and magnetic fields.
Wiring alone takes six hours of dedicated craftsmanship, while many of the CD555’s components are hand-selected to ensure that only the very best of each type make their way into each player. And as with many Naim Audio products, its power supply components are housed in an entirely separate unit, the 555 PS, for ultimate performance.