Naim Audio UNITISERVE 2Tb Hard Disc Player/Server (EX Demo)
Naim UNITISERVE Hard Disc Player/Server
- Slot-loading drive for ease of use
- Two variants: UnitiServe or UnitiServe-SSD
- UnitiServe - 2TB Hard Drive
- UnitiServe-SSD - 16GB Single Level Cell (SLC) Enterprise Drive
- Naim bit-for-bit secure CD ripping to either internal storage (UnitiServe only) or external network attached storage (NAS) drive (both UnitiServe and UnitiServe-SSD)
- Rip to WAV or FLAC
- Save downloads or pre-ripped music to the hard drive for easy access to entire music library
- Naim Extended Music Database - supports extended metadata to track-level resolution for intuitive browsing & selection
- Naim Network Scanning - will discover all playable music & metadata available on networked computers (PC & Mac)
- Naim UPnPTM server to serve audio to any UPnPTM rendering playback device, such as the NaimUniti or UnitiQute
- Multiple intuitive control interfaces: TV / Web / Desktop Client / Handheld device (iPhone, iPod Touch) and front-panel logo
- Front-panel logo touch-sensitive eject and shutdown function
- Naim Desktop Client - for browsing music files, player setup and maintenance with a PC
- Native 24bit/192kHz playback and internal architecture with support for hi-resolution audio formats. Plays WAV up to 24bit/192kHz, MP3 both vbr and fbr, FLAC up to 24bit/192kHz, AAC (m4a only), AIFF, ALAC, OGG Vorbis and Windows Media-formatted content files.
- WAV, MP3, AAC, FLAC, WMA and Apple Lossless files played from any USB-connected storage device
- MP3 Shadow Encoding – create lower quality MP3 versions of your music for use on iPod/MP3 players
- Set share-scanning schedule – set your server to automatically search for new music on the network
- Stream internet radio over UPnP
- Add a digital to analogue converter, such as Naim's DAC, or digital input-equipped amplifier, such as Naim's SUPERNAIT, for local playback
- StreamNet-enabled for NaimNet audiophile multi-room replay of up to six streams over a network
- USB ports for easy connection of USB sticks for playback
- Ethernet network connectivity for reliability
- S/PDIF Digital output on 75Î© BNC or TOSLINK
- Composite, S-Video or VGA display output for screen or touchscreen.
- Extremely Low Jitter
- Quiet in operation
- Naim designed silent resilient 2TB Hard Drive mount
Very low noise power supplies
- Compact non-magnetic, low resonance, low microphony, low eddy current case
- British Design and Build
Please note: visit the ‘Manuals & Downloads’ tab of this page and download and install the latest software to ensure you get all of the features listed here.
Technology serving music
Our unrivalled expertise in digital audio; expertise that had its beginnings in the Naim CDS, the first genuine high-end audio CD player, is at the heart of the UnitiServe. It extracts the data from CDs using unique, in-house developed techniques and algorithms to ensure that the ripped data represents a faultless replica of the CD. The data is then stored on a 2TB internal hard disk with space for up to 2400 CDs, or on an external Network Attached Storage (NAS) with potential for space that can easily out pace your music collection. UnitiServe also stores the metadata (artwork, track titles, artists, performers, composers) for all ripped CDs, regardless of their storage location, automatically downloaded from allmusic.com. The Naim Extended Music Database format means that music can be found easily by searching for any stored parameter. You'll never lose track of a CD again.
But there's far more to UnitiServe performance than bit-perfect CD ripping and storage. Its external power supply is designed to minimise mains injected noise and it incorporates a decoupled hard-disk assembly that both minimises noise and any possibility of disturbance from external vibration. Digital signal management within the UnitiServe is based on techniques developed for the Naim HDX and the digital outputs on the CD5 XS and CDX2 CD players. UnitiServe is a true Naim product that deploys highly innovative and advanced technology simply to serve the music.